Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Look! I finished something!!

Seriously, for me this is kind of big. I have quite a collection of half-finished quilts, embroideries, and other assorted abandoned craft endeavors. So:


Yes, it is just a baby-sized quilt, for some future baby. But, it didn't start that way! I set out to make a regular old lap throw, and had some extra squares of fabric leftover. I just added them onto the quilt, which made a long, skinny, weird quilt that wasn't good for a whole lot. Unfortunately, I figured this out after I had it quilted and was getting ready to bind it. I was pretty unmotivated about figuring out how to add more quilt to make it bigger, so I just cut the whole thing in half and made two baby-sized quilts - one of which I will keep, and one I'm planning to give to my best friend (in the future, also - she just got engaged this weekend! Yay Chantelle and Tyler!).

So, yeah, the other half of this quilt is sitting on my stack of unfinished projects, but I learned that this size quilt takes like no time at all to hand sew the binding on to, so I foresee myself finishing that one up in the near future too.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
 
Copyright © angry octopus studios
Blogger Theme by BloggerThemes Design by Diovo.com