Wednesday, March 10, 2010

in which i actually finish something

Let it be known that I am a little bit of a hoarder. I keep things, for no reason. I don't generally keep garbage (and definitely not food-garbage - bleh) but I kept these boxes from Costco that contained some picture frames for our wedding gifts to our parents/grandparents.

backside

A couple weeks ago I decided to see if I could cover one of them with fabric to make a wall hanging for my living room. It kind of worked, but I decided I would use the other two later to make a couple for my bedroom. My husband's been sick for the past week and a half with something nasty, and I finally came down with it this morning. (Other weird thing about me: I get crafty things done when I am too sick to do anything else. I've finished three quilts this way.) So, I started working on the next two. 

corner

This time I was slightly more careful with my cutting and things (no, really, you should have seen the first one - there was tons of extra fabric tucked into the back) and used regular office-type staples rather than packing tape. I figure this would hold up better than the tape, but would still let me take the fabric off and replace it in case I decided I wanted a change or to use the fabric pieces for another project later. 

panels on wall

I don't know that I'm totally thrilled with the colors I used, but I wanted to get something finished and hung on the wall today, so I used what I had. I've kind of been wanting to add a little orange to our predominantly white, green, and black bedroom, but I don't think I like the extra colors that are in those particular prints. Right orange, wrong other colors. So, that is my project for the day. Now I need a nap. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
 
Copyright © angry octopus studios
Blogger Theme by BloggerThemes Design by Diovo.com